Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Snack Attack!

I have been eating baked kale almost every night this week, and for good reason. It is quick, and super yummy, and in terms of a snack food, does not make me feel like I am eating snack food...you know that guilty feeling when you eat potato chips? Well I don't because I eat BAKED KALE! :)

I have used this as a side dish to meals, like pairing it with mushrooms and grains; or quite often just eat it on its own.

The longer you leave it in the oven, or the less olive oil you use, the crispier it gets, so you can tailor your recipe to your mood.

Baked Kale:

1 bunch kale
olive oil
salt (I use coarse sea salt)

variations: (use in addition to or instead of salt)
cayenne pepper
curry

Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.

1. De-stem kale and roughly chop or rip the leaves into smaller pieces.
2. Place kale in a loose pile on a baking sheet.
3. Drizzle a small amount of olive oil onto kale pile (either a couple of sprays, or pour for about 2 seconds...I never really measure the amount, you just need a teeny bit)
4. Time to get messy! Take your hands and scrunch together the kale to coat as many pieces with the olive oil.
5. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
6. Bake for about 10 minutes (remember, the longer you have it in-the crispier, so the first time you make this, check it as you go and bake to taste).

Consume sans guilt!


No comments:

Post a Comment