Saturday, May 14, 2011

Car-Free

One thing that I like about where I live is that so many people use public transit, bike or walk to where they need to go. When I was growing up in Pennsylvania, I would often bike covered bridge to covered bridge or walk to my friend's houses. We did, however, sort of live in the middle of nowhere so walking to get a coffee was unheard of, walking to the grocery store or to boutiques was just impossible.

This morning, after doing Derby Fit...which by the way was really fun and a great workout! (My quads got their monies worth)...I took Malomar for a long walk to do errands. Not only can I easily walk to a cafe, my optometrist, and to many local grocery stores...I can walk through a wooded area in the park to get to all of these places. NYC isn't all so bad!




Hope your weekend is filled with sun and long walks too!
xoh!
D

2 comments:

  1. Oh, pretty! Mine has been, so far, too! : )

    xo,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks! I just saw your blog post! I saw children drawing with chalk too, and there was some hopscotch action as well.

    xoh!

    ReplyDelete