Monday, May 16, 2011

8 weeks to a better me: Week Three (Healthy Eating)

{OHHH! This one is right up my alley!}


I definitely think of myself as a healthy eater, (orthorexics unite!) of course I like sweets but I am aware and make sure that I eat them in moderation (okay, usually!) I have been slowly moving to more raw food so that I can tackle one of my Summer Goals for this year (eat one week on, one week off raw foods).

Check out the guest post on Sometimes Sweet from Tracy over at Shutterbean (and thanks Danielle for recommending her site, I can't wait to look through all of the recipes!).

Tracy recommends three things on the eat healthy tip: drink water, always have healthy snacks for on the go, and eat one salad everyday. Okay...so I already am fighting the water battle, and pretty much winning...but I need to keep that one a part of my everyday routine, so thanks for the reminder!

In terms of healthy snacks on the go...I am pretty good with this as well. I always have fruit or larabars with me when I head into work or head out anywhere, so as to curb my cravings for getting random vegan cupcakes or wings on the way home from work. This works like magic!

Salad once a day? I can hop on that rule! It's a good time for me to eat more greens anyway as more and more are showing up at the farmer's markets lately.

So without further ado:

My goals also bring me closer to my raw diet...

1. Eat one salad everyday
2. Snack on raw nuts and veggies
3. Have one raw smoothie every morning


I had already thought up these rules last night and made a raw smoothie this morning, so I am off to a good start!
Ingredients:
3 cups frozen diced banana
2 cups almond milk
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsps agave
1 tsp sea salt

Add all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth.

The strange thing is, I usually only have a clementine and water in the morning, and then a larabar around 9 am or so. This morning I had a really tasty smoothie and it somehow made me hungrier! Oh well, I am going to stick with this rule because it incorporates more fruits and more raw food into my diet!

Thanks Danielle and Tracy for the inspiration!

xoh!
D

2 comments:

  1. That smoothie sounds delicious! I'm definitely going to try it, thank you for posting your recipe.

    I've heard a lot of really good things about larabars, especially recently. I'm going to have to try to carry some around as well so I'm not buying out all of the Kit Kat bars at work.

    Good luck with your goals ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha, so funny...one of my students mistook a larabar for a kit kat the other day and was drooling over my snack! larabars are better, promise!

    ReplyDelete