Monday, May 16, 2011

Manhattan Bites!

{I am really excited to introduce a new feature on my blog!}


This new feature is inspired by 8 Weeks to a Better Me, Week One which was a challenge to name 3 things you would do to be a better blogger. Something I am really interested in is exploring my new city using one of my favorite past-times...eating! For one of my week one challenges, I committed to blogging about this experience...it only took me a few weeks to figure out exactly what I was going to do and start exploring places, but better late than never!

I will be checking out new places, or sharing places that I already love with you via Brooklyn Bites and Manhattan Bites blog posts!

There are so many amazing places to eat in NYC and I used to travel up here from PA and down here from CT, Boston and Providence just to partake in the yummy vegan options this city has to offer.

On Sunday, I met my sister and her hubby in the Village to eat brunch at Atlas Cafe, a super yummy cozy joint that I am sure I will end up featuring here. After brunch, we sought out a vegan ice cream place my sister's friend had hyped up to her.

After visiting we realized that this place was hyped for good reason!

We checked out Stogo on East 10th St. b/w 2nd and 3rd Avenue.

After sampling a few of the different selections, anywhere from a soy based salted caramel pecan ice cream to a coconut based vanilla chocolate chip, it was a tough decision! I usually don't prefer the taste of coconut based ice creams, but their coconut based ice creams actually tasted fresh. I was told that the ice creams are made with a base of young coconut...in this case the ingredients really shine through. I usually steer clear from coconut ice creams and I was sold!
After much deliberation we decided on...what better than...a Chocolate Chip Cookie Mexican Chocolate ice cream sandwich! This Mexican Chocolate ice cream is not for the faint of heart, it has a serious kick to it!
I am definitely heading back here! I even got a frequent buyer punch card, yay!


stogo!


No comments:

Post a Comment