Friday, November 11, 2011

Friday Favorites!

Happy 11.11.11!

Another beautiful week has passed by in NYC which means I get to gear up for a weekend trip to Rhode Island!  

The end of my week always go by even better when I get to spend Thursday night with my sister and her husband in Westchester.  Last night my sister shared a fabulous Eggplant Mole dish with me.  I can't wait to get the recipe from her and then share it with you!  I love having like-minded healthy eaters to share recipes with.  

Here are some great things from this week that I wanted to share with you!

At a small cafe in Lake Placid, the owner put out spaghetti stirrers for coffee which are compostable.  I love this idea!  I usually forgo stirring my coffee ingredients together because using those little red plastic sticks for about 2 seconds and then sending them to the landfill just seems utterly insane to me. 
The owner left the red sticks as an option, who knows why!  I guess people are really afraid of change. 

Make it your own: Why not break the pasta in half and display it in a nice glass jar.  I wholeheartedly believe that people are much more likely to use something if it is presented in a beautiful way. 

 ~~~
Students in Bogato Columbia painted their necks for a protest about Education Reform.  Their signs read "We have the right to be outraged" and "Excellent education for all!"

The students are protesting their government's plan that proposes private funding for public institutions.  As a Teacher at a Charter School, I am not so sure I agree with them, but I always applaud those willing to stand up and speak for what they believe in. 

I also just can't get over how visually striking this is. 
Photo: AP, Fernando Vergara

~~~
This amazing photo!  Mushroom foraging is so fun, even more fun that most of the completely inedible mushrooms are so so beautiful!


via: Kaylah at the dainty squid

~~~
One of my new favorite etsy shops:  Ginny and Harriet, run by two beautiful ladies originally from Providence.  The dresses they find are simply divine!   




~~~



I cannot get enough of Uhh Yeah Dude.  I have a long commute to and from work, and after getting hooked on new podcasts, I started at episode one.  Yeah, I am on 2007 right now, and the podcast still holds up and is still hilarious.  My sister is going to laugh when she reads this post because she described my love of Uhh Yeah Dude as "a serious problem, she is obsessed!"  

Get into it guys, it's the best!

~~~

This Thankful Thursday post by Katie of Katie's Pencil Box.  So lovely!
~This amazing video posted by Kim on Fill Your Well.  So beautiful and freeing.
Have an awesome weekend!
xoh!
d

No comments:

Post a Comment