Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Weekend Recap

{Saturday}
I headed on my bike over to Bushwick Open Studios to meet my sister, her husband and Marek and Kristyna.
we climbed up a stairwell and ventured onto a stranger's roof after checking out one of the open studios.
I looked over and saw this crew barbecuing on their rooftop. Check out their sofas up there! Love it!
My sis and I.
The view from the rooftop...seeing Manhattan from Brooklyn.

{Sunday}
Missy came down from Providence to speak to my sister about her wedding ring. My sister is making the bands for Missy and her to be husband Mark. She is taking the diamonds out of Missy's grandmother's ring and putting them in a new band. My sister is a great metalsmith and jewelry designer. Here is her website. She definitely has made her fair share of wedding rings! Here is them being all serious discussing the process.
Malomar was so happy to see Missy that he started barking and running around like crazy. He gets SO excited to see the people in my life that I love the most. I think he can really sense how I feel...cute!

We barbecued out in the backyard and had wine and Honza's beer. It was awesome, what a great weekend!
Hope you had a great weekend too!
xoh
d

2 comments:

  1. I lived in Bushwick for 3 years, this post really made me miss it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww yeah, there is great charm there! I was so excited when someone showed me Roberta's! That place is awesome!

    ReplyDelete