Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

I always wish that I could show how absolutely adorable my students are and then I realized this is the perfect opportunity because they are all in disguise!  Their cute costumes plus some selective phone photos makes it so I finally can share the adorableness that I get to be around each day!  

I went to work as Frida Kahlo, which connected the students to our current Art Curriculum as well as our study of Mexico and Dia de los Muertos.  I didn't go full unibrow, I guess because I am a wuss, but they still got it!  I wore a beautiful vintage dress that I picked up at Elsie's shop in Missouri, Red Velvet

The dress is absolutely amazing and I was so happy to have an occasion to wear it.  I also picture myself wearing it by a bonfire heating up vegan s'mores.  SOON!

Me as Frida
Michael Jackson
Captain America
Alvin the Chipmunk
Wonder Woman (cutting symmetrical shapes)
Superwoman
And one of my favorites, Raphael.  How fun it was to tell him that the Ninja Turtles are named after famous artists!  Also, I kept trying not to crack up as I was teaching and looking at a turtle mask.  He never broke character!  
~~~

Hope that you have a lovely Halloween as well!
xoh!
d

No comments:

Post a Comment